Sunday, October 25, 2009

mmmm we will remember... September

Departing summer hath assumed
An aspect tenderly illumed,
The gentlest look of spring;
That calls from yonder leafy shade
Unfaded, yet prepared to fade,
A timely carolling.
- William Wordsworth, September

September started with a visit from Fred, Sarah, Meghan, Chrissie, Eric, and Serenity. We had fun exploring the splash pad just opened at the park near our house, playing games, eating at Los Dos Amigos, reading books, and swimming at the hotel. We also had a Labor day party at our house where children were running around wild everywhere! It was very lively and very fun!




We held a surprise baby shower for Bethany at our monthly book club meeting. She was confined to bed rest, and was in need of a good party! We made a soft fleece blanket for the baby-to-be and gave her a lot of excellent gifts. I particularly enjoyed reading the kids books...



In mid September we went to visit Chrissie, Eric, and Serenity at their brand-new house! It is very nice, and Chrissie had lots of plans for it. We helped to paint several upstairs rooms and enjoyed distracting Serenity. Also got to visit for a bit with Alisha and Richard, so that was nice.





Last but not least... September 26th I participated in my very first triathlon. I finished in under 1.5 hours, which is far better than I had expected. I had a great time and would definitely do it again. However, next time I won't misplace my goggles right before the swim event!! (Gavin found a different pair for me!! whew!) I am glad that I can step down my trips to the gym now. I'm still going, just not as often...

No comments:

Post a Comment