Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Mornings

I still feel the effects of a hectic week on Saturday mornings - it feels like I need to be DOING all those things that didn't happen during the week, and I have a hard time slowing down and enjoying the moment. Sunday mornings, however, are usually slow and restful. We frequently head out to brunch, or more often, I make scones, hard boiled and scrambled eggs, and coffee and I sit and relax if the baby will let me. (He usually does; he's a sleepy head in the morning, just like his dad.)
The nice thing about the hardboiled eggs and scones is that they provide fast, easy, healthy, delicious breakfast all week - making things just a little bit less hectic (and I always have SOMETHING ready to eat if C decides to be a morning person that day!) One lasting effect of having had gestational diabetes is that I do pay a little more attention to the foods I eat - and I try to get in a little more protein and a little less carb in the morning. The scone and an egg breakfast speaks to that. I use whole wheat flour, and one scone is about 1.5-2 servings of carbs. On days when I don't have any protein in the morning I am usually ready for a morning snack by the time I get to work!
Oh yeah, Cocoa has come over to remind me that Sunday mornings are a great time to spoil a sweet dog. (-:
I hope you enjoyed the new pictures of C yesterday. He's growing fast and changing every day. He almost always has a smile ready for me when I come home or pick him up in the morning. He has been having a hard time going to sleep at night - he's obviously exhausted, but keeps himself awake. It doesn't help that he's getting pretty good at rolling over, but doesn't always make it to a comfortable position - he then gets stuck and starts crying. I expect that will end soon, though, and he'll be happier since he can move himself around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment