This is the giant bucket of green tomatoes that I collected just after the first little freeze that killed the tomato plants.
The "mush" has to be squeezed and drained to get all the excess water out.
Jars of the finished product.
Also this month, I went to Emily's baby shower and helped make a wonderful scrapbook that is just ready for baby pics to be put in! Tom and Emily are waiting to find out whether they are going to have a girl or a boy, so it was a bit tricky trying to come up with very gender-neutral scrapbook pages!
Emily got lots of gifts!
The dogs have been going nuts over the squirrels that come into our yard and eat the berries off the Bradford Pear tree. Casualties have been to a minimum this year, fortunately.
Last, but not least, Gavin and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary! We finally went to the OU art museum, had a nice dinner, and stayed at a B&B in town. Sort of a mini vacation doing things nearby that we don't do much. I took the whole week off because it was Thanksgiving week and I needed a break. It was a good little "stay-cation".
My parents sent us some flowers that we are STILL enjoying!
Thanksgiving with the Hoppers was fantastic, as usual. Wonderful food and good friends are hard to beat! And of course the day after Turkey Day I put the Christmas lights up!!


No comments:
Post a Comment