Tuesday, September 21, 2010

hmmm

I've been kinda bad on the blog posting the last couple of weeks - not sure why, but I've been a little anti-internet. But I'll try to get back into things with a little 10 on Tuesday.

1. We've been watching the TV show "Psych" on DVD's from Netflix. Very silly show and I highly recommend it to people who are are highly silly. Or just high. Or maybe just silly.

2. Went on a scrapbooking retreat with the gals (Jessie, Chrissie, Abbey) to Tahlequah, OK. It was great - I made about 30 scrapbook pages! I scrapbooked so many pictures that I ran out. Can't think of when that has happened before! We had a good time, full of friends and memories, and a few surprises, and not enough caffeine (seriously Tahlequah, why can't you have a coffee shop??).

3. I'm getting the hang of my gestational diabetes diet, I think. Note that fried potatoes are bad, but pizza is mostly OK. Also, I don't seem to have any problems with ice cream, thank God!

4. Tidbit is getting cramped. I can tell because he is definitely trying to make more room by pushing me out of the way.

5. Cocoa gave me a really good snuggle today. They are particularly rare, and thus very special.

6. We had a mouse. We caught it in a trap while we were all gone this weekend. But I'm paranoid that there is another, because the dogs went nuts the other morning and tried to get under the couch... very much like they saw a mouse that ran under there. Could have been a spider though. Sometimes they'll do that for spiders. Large, scary, mouse shaped spiders...

7. I'm reading the second Steig Larson book, "The Girl Who Played with Fire". I'm enjoying it more than I did the first half of the first book - possibly because the characters are already familiar. Still, his books have a bit of a slow start in my opinion.

8. Why do maternity shirts have stupid little fluffy puffy cap sleeves? Is it supposed to draw attention away from my belly? I guess it does, but not in a good way. I bought a couple of shirts at Motherhood Maternity (because I needed a swim suit top that was decent), and the shirts were on sale and cute... except for the goofy sleeves that I am seriously considering doing surgery on.

9. I am a little sad that I've taken such poor care of my garden this year. Less because it looks like crap and hasn't produced anything besides tons of jalepenos than because I know what a pain it is going to be to get it back in shape next year...

10. More than about anything in the world, I want a huge piece of chocolate cake with a glass of milk right now. We're talking outragously huge, maybe with fudge and some sort of raspberry ganache.

1 comment:

  1. The scrapbooking retreat sounds fun! What a good idea. I need to get away to be able to concentrate on scrapbooking - that must be why I haven't been able to find time!!

    I am totally feeling the chocolate cake you described, ganache and all. In Houston you could get a HUGE (Texas size) slice of pretty much the cake you described at Taste of Texas, but thats not much help to you in OK. Don't ask Kelly about it because she thinks my obsession with this cake is some kind of dirty joke!!

    ReplyDelete