All of these have happened at work in the last week. What is wrong with people?
1. Don't come up with "cute" or "hilarious" pregnancy related nicknames for me. You really aren't that clever.
2. Don't comment on the expanding size of my body or my weight. Believe me, I'm quite aware of it already. If you make a joke about me needing to diet, I may punch you in the face (or give you 4 nice flat tires...).
3. Don't stop by my desk every 5 minutes and ask how I'm doing. If I feel like telling you, a weekly update is probably adequate. (Note, people that actually frequently stopped by BEFORE I was pregnant are still allowed to do so. People who didn't notice I was alive until afterwards are not.)
4. Don't stop by just to see (and comment) on how big I am today. Perhaps you should be looking in a mirror.
5. Don't share your family's pregnancy related horror stories. Happy stories are acceptable, but I have enough to worry about already.
6. No backwards compliments, please. "You look prettier and younger when you are pregnant" is better than "you are getting huge", but not much.
7. No, I won't be serving turkey on Thanksgiving (assuming the baby arrives on his due date). And no I don't care who does. And no, there is no acceptable joke here.
December Daily® 2026 | Schedule & How It Works
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment