Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer Bliss

Summer is here. And it is wonderful.
We had our annual Memorial Day Party with the usual suspects. I discovered a delicious summer time drink. Mix Limeade with Mint leaves from the garden, and then mix 50/50 with ginger ale. Delicious, refreshing, easy, and you can mix with a bit of vodka if you're so inclined. I'm drinking some now. The limeade with mint is nice by itself, too. I caught a pictures of Nate and Riley playing drums. I only had to take the drum sticks away once...

May 30th I went to Mary's wedding shower.
We made lots of yummy cheesy sandwiches, had tea and chocolate. What could be better?! Abbey made the coolest meringue mushrooms assembled with chocolate. Mmmm. I ate a lot of these "magic mushrooms"! I also got to play with Serenity in the backyard. It was good to see Mary, since I don't see her very often! We got her an ice-cream maker. I would have gotten something smaller since she had to transport it... but it was an ice-cream maker!! We couldn't NOT get that...
I was going to go sailing today, but laziness won out. Instead I'm very much enjoying lying on a blanket in the backyard under the tree with dogs and laptop. Oh, and camera... perfect day for lazing! Probably a perfect day for sailing too. But I get to laze-about with Gavin and dogs, while sailing is better when you need some alone-time.





1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I had to leave it in OK. I will be thinking about it ALL summer. Good thing we're moving somewhere warm!

    ReplyDelete