Saturday morning Mom, Dad, and I were up early to get over to IIT for Laura's commencement. I was going to get Laura's keys and go chill at her place with the Architecture graduation tix and get in line early for good seats. Laura forgot her tassel, however, so Mom and I rushed over to her place (just in time to get the call that she had gotten a replacement). It all worked out well. I got to rest a bit, then got pretty good seats at the architecture building.
Laura was one of 5 students chosen to give the undergraduate speech - they were the finalists, and asked to be able to give a group speech rather than have a vote off. It was fantastic! They all did a superb job, you could tell it was well rehearsed, and they obviously had fun with it. It made the complete incompetence of the professor reading their names even more pronounced...
...raise your liquid container for a toast!!!
(not an actual part of the speech...)
Afterwards we did the usual cookies and punch, hugs, and meeting Laura's friends and associates. Then we went out for Chinese Dim-Sum. It was pretty good, I thought!
Sunday we took a brief tour of architecture, and said our good-byes. Mom, Dad, Laura, and I went back to Laura's where we cooked up some ravioli from the biscotti shop (mmmmm) for lunch, and relaxed a bit after all our adventures. Finally I took the trains back to O'hare and came home (where I had missed more severe weather fun).
at the old Chicago Public Library








No comments:
Post a Comment