Apparently Friday really works as a blogging time for me... I usually have a little while between coming home from work and people coming over for games in the evening. Not enough time to really get a project going, but enough to post a few of the thoughts that have been circulating in my mind over the week.
1. I was just looking at http://www.aliedwards.com/ and decided to do the weekend creative challenge with a photo I already had. The challenge was to use blank space in a picture for journaling. I used a picture from the Tie-Dye Triathlon, modified with http://www.picnik.com and just used paint to put in some words since I don't have photoshop. Hard to believe that last year at this time I was running 3 miles several times a week!
2. I'm really enjoying getting to share pregnancy updates with a friend at work who is having a girl in September. It is so nice to have someone I see on a regular basis who is going through some of the same things I am. Plus it helps those Friday afternoons go by more quickly! The bad part is that we tend to share all the horror stories everyone else has shared with us that week and occasionally just give ourselves more things to worry about... But overall the conversations are positive and hopeful!
3. Limeade + mint + seltzer water = happiness
I think I have a couple of glasses of this every day. My baby is going to come out tasting like lime...
4. We are watching DVDs of Castle (TV show). It is a fun show, but it reminds me a lot of all the other TV shows that Gavin watches (well Bones especially). I don't really have "shows" that I particularly watch. I tend to not have enough attention span for that kind of thing and I'd rather be playing with scissors...
5. Summer has come to Oklahoma with a vengeance. Even sitting on the porch in the evening is getting a bit too hot... Tomorrow the forecast is 99 degrees. Ugggg. I hope I can get up early enough to stand outside long enough to water my plants... I really hope this trend doesn't continue. I've been enjoying squash from my garden squash forest, but with that intense heat I'm not sure anything will make it through the summer. I was especially looking forward to taste testing my three different varieties of tomato!!
December Daily® 2026 | Schedule & How It Works
12 hours ago


LOVE that you've already done Ali's challenge (and that you read along too). Also, really enjoying your five on Friday. Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete