The dogs had a fantastic time. I fully expect them to sleep for the next 2 days to recover... They chased chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, and briefly a deer. Every morning they acted as our alarm clock - as soon as it was light they were at the windows watching the morning unfold - and keeping a very close eye out for deer! (we saw deer nearly every morning)
Normally I do a little hiking, but neither Gavin nor I was up for much more than just a walk around "the loop", a 1/2 a mile of lightly sloping gravel road near the cabin. We did this a couple of times a day, and the dogs enjoyed leading us around. They knew where they belonged and stuck by us or the cabin.
I always enjoy watching the butterflies while we are there. They are abundant and beautiful. In the early morning when it is still cold they are easy to get pictures of because they are sluggish. The warmer it gets, the more skittish and active they become.
View from the cabin's porch. I wish I could capture the feeling of peace and brightness better.

No comments:
Post a Comment