Saturday, July 17, 2010

Photoshop Elements trial...

I decided to download Photoshop Elements for a trial month for free. I've been interested in digital scrapbooking for a while, but I'm not quite yet ready to commit to buying anything... I love scrapbooking with real paper, and it gets me off the computer, but there are some definite advantages to digital (or even just partial digital). SO, here are a couple of my first experiments with PSE using all free/trial products (meant to be quick and basic)...



My biggest frustration with PSE so far has been that while it tries to make things simple, it doesn't give you any help for doing more complex things. There is no searchable help menu that actually gives you useful information, the videos tutorials that I've found have all been for people who have never used any kind of photo editor, and the included "projects" are horribly ugly and useless. HOWEVER... as I put more time into it, I've found lots of free items that can be downloaded to use with PSE, and I've begun to understand some of the options better. So far, I think I like it overall. Since it can be downloaded for less than $100 (and PhotoShop is closer to $700), I'm definitely giving it serious consideration.

2 comments:

  1. I have PhotoShop Elements (received it as a gift) and although I'm hardly an expert, it has been very useful in photo editing. So far, I've been able to figure out things by just scrolling through the menus and a bit of trial & error. Haven't used it for scrapbooking-type stuff though....just enhancement of my images. One thing thats cool is that it somehow knows to rotate my photos automatically when the image file is off by 90 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love my photoshop elements =) If you get into it and want some fun free tutorials try www.jessicasprague.com. She has lots of cool videos, and I've done a few of her classes and really enjoyed it. And if you want the cutest freebies anywhere http://www.shabbyprincess.com/downloads.asp. =) I love the pages! Except for some reason I read the title on the top page as Pregnancy Pies instead of Pics =)

    ReplyDelete