Friday, October 8, 2010

Name List

We have a shortened name list finally! Is it final? Probably not. We also have not worked out spellings or middle names. But, because I know many of you are curious, and because we need you to figure out what the most obnoxious nicknames are... here is the list. Don't read on if you want a complete surprise...
Keagan/Kaegan/Keegan/Kaeghun
Ewan
Corwyn
Rowan
Daeghun (I'll probably make G drop the H...)
Teague
Aldric

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a great list of names that are not common!
    My small bit of advice...take it or leave it of course...is to say the names out loud along with the last name over & over again & see what sounds best to you.
    Since your sweet baby is a boy, he will have the name combo forever. :0)
    My vote is for Rowan. The more I say it, the more I like it! Although, Aldric is a cool name in itself.
    The name with the "D"...I'm not sure how to pronounce it? Is it like "Dee-gun"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your list! I've tried so hard not to be obnoxious but I really wanted to see it =) So thanks for sharing! I think you did a good job of figuring out what kind of things you like in a name, I see lots of spelling and sound similarities in your list. I think you will be happy with any of them! Just one question... does Daeghun basically rhyme with Keagan? It's not completely obvious to me... I also really like all the w's =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about it and I didn't really find any obnoxious nicknames =) Most of them are fairly short sound-wise. The only nickname that's fairly traditional is Al for Aldric... Of course there's no way to predict all possible nicknames =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing that jumped out at me is that I know 3 baby girl Rowans, so that name may be trending toward girl name. Just something to consider, I like the names a lot. I really like Corwyn, but I don't think I get a vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So.... I would avoid Ewan (think Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!)
    -Rowan sounds like a girl's name
    -Kaegan spelled with a first would likely cause classroom confusion (looks like it would be "kay-gan")
    -I, though probably no one else, would mercilessly shorten Deagan to "deagle" "deag-let" "deagles" for at least the first year or two

    but all that said, they are all pretty cool! And I'm only thinking like a 5 year old, which fortunately most people grow out of by the time they turn 18.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks guys.
    Last year, at least, Rowan was more popular as a boy's name (according to the social security administration records). interesting that you know of so many girls this year. I'll have to research that.
    I thought I had already commented on Chrissie/Bethany's posts... Daeghun is "day-gun", Keagan is "kee-gan"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Corwyn! We'll be excited to see what you guys pick.

    ReplyDelete