Friday, December 10, 2010

December Daily 9

I'm having trouble coming up with a story every day. Yesterday was full of random moments:
Putting the star on top of the tree and hanging stockings, baking cookies, dogs snuggling sweetly on one bed, Corwyn staring up at me with large beautiful dark eyes and making his adorable "Ooooh" face, sitting in the sunshine for a few minutes and savoring the cool air and warm light, the smell of spicy sausage cooking and of course the following taste of spicy sausage and peppers for dinner, and of course snuggles galore.

We moved the dog beds around to accomodate the Christmas Tree. 
This bed is now the preferred bed - We believe this is because it is not close to the cold windows, has a great view of the house/hallway, and is under the air vent so nice and warm. 

I typically eschew premade cookie mixes. But the neighbor kids were selling this as a fundraiser so Gavin bought it. The cookies were quite good, and it was nice to have hot fresh cookies and almost no dishes or prep for once. I think we'll make "real" cookies later, but this was great for today. I particularly enjoyed the fact that the container has "NO TRANS FATS" circled with red. But doesn't draw attention to the fact that ONE cookie has 13% of your daily saturated fat. Ouch.

This is actually the first year we've had a star on top of the tree. 
I've always had trouble finding an acceptable one. I usually just tie a big bow at the top with ribbon that I made ornaments out of when we moved into this house and got a tree. I haven't hung the ribbon ornaments this year, but I think I will add a few for the sake of nostalgia. Over the past few years we've collected enough ornaments that the tree doesn't look completely bare. Very exciting!

"Oooh" - LOVE IT! 
He's getting downright chunky. Look at those lovely fat rolls! (Corwyn, not Gavin. I'll refrain from commenting on any supposed fat rolls that Gavin may or may not have...)

Well, it is time to start getting ready for the day. We have a dr appointment today because Corwn has an odd lump on his neck that isn't going away. Praying that it is nothing serious - he doesn't have a fever or problem breathing or any other symptoms, so I'm not toooo worried. Just the normal worried mom level of worried. (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment