Tuesday, December 21, 2010

good news!

Last night was tough. Corwyn fussed and didn't sleep well. I kept thinking about what today would bring - we had an appointment to see the Ear/Nose/Throat specialist at Children's Hospital. Even though I was not particularly worried about him, there of course was still a part of me thinking about all the terrible things that his throat lump could be. We gave ourselves what I thought was plenty of time (but didn't factor in our ability to get lost and go to the wrong parking garage), but still managed to get there before the appointment, if not the requested 30 minutes early. Everyone was very nice and the lump has apparently decreased in size as it took the doctor a while to actually find it! Of course, Corwyn had decided he was hungry and didn't want to be poked at by then, so I'm sure it wasn't as easy as it could have been... Dr. Glade said it was most likely torticollis (which is what we had guessed based on his symptoms), due to some scar tissue in the neck muscle from being malpositioned in the uterus. Their office is setting up an ultra sound to verify the condition. There were a couple of other possibilities, but nothing he thought was too serious unless Corwyn starts getting a fever, etc. So, a good day and good news overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment