Friday, December 3, 2010

our anniversary

Gavin and I celebrated our 3rd/12th anniversary on 11/24. I didn't get around to blogging about it due to family/Thanksgiving/baby, but now that we've got our routine a little more ironed out, I want to post a few notes.
Gavin snuck out while I was napping and brought back a beautiful flower arrangement and pepperollies. The flowers were designed to match my bridal bouquet. They were so beautiful and smelled wonderful! Probably partially due to post pregnancy hormones and lack of sleep I started crying immediately - it was such a sweet and thoughtful gesture!


Pepperollies are a delicacy from Mazzios. When we were dating we had a mostly weekly date night consisting of watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (or maybe something else?) and eating pepperollies. When Mazzios stopped having them it was tragic. But they became a holiday offering and now we get them as frequently as possible between ~Thanksgiving and New Years. Which is great since it also aligns with our anniversary.

Highlights from this past year include: a holiday trip to Singapore to visit Gavin's family, celebrating my Grandmother's (94) and Dad's (59) birthdays in Austin, the births of several new friends, finding out we were going to be an aunt/uncle to Gavin's brother's child, finding out we were going to be parents, building a pergola to enhance the backyard, camping with my cousin and her family, celebrating my sister's graduation in Chicago, great vacations in New Mexico and Lake Tahoe, a scrapbooking trip with the girls and finding out Chrissie is pregnant, preparing for our own child including getting the nursery ready and baby shower and spending time with my sister and mom, and of course, the birth of our beautiful son! It was a year full of love for friends, family, and each other. Thanks for all the good times and support we've had from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment